Here Is The Secret To Improve Your Chess
From: Louis Holtzhausen
Dear Chess Player,
I’m going to cut straight to the point and show you how to get maximum benefit from your valuable time.
Let me start by saying that the reason why many people feel disappointed by their training efforts is that they’re training the wrong things.
Randomly solving chess tactics, doing endgame studies, memorizing openings, reading chess books or watching instructional videos has its useful place, but most of the time it simply doesn’t justify the amount of time and effort you put in.
The best thing you can do is to ask a stronger player to analyze your games
The most lasting impact on your chess improvement will come from having your games analyzed by a stronger player and asking them to give you feedback. The information you get from doing this will serve to help you understand the game better and also point out which skills to focus on.
Feedback from a strong player improves your understanding of the game
A stronger player won’t only point out your mistakes (a computer engine can easily do that too) but they can help you improve your thinking process. Improving your thinking process is critically important to your overall improvement.
In the famous words of Albert Einstein:
We cannot solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
When a strong player looks at your game, they look at it differently than you did. They can then give you valuable feedback to help you develop a better understanding of the game and point out which skills need attention the most.
But here’s a shocker…
Even though this advice is well known, I have found that many people don’t give this advice the attention it deserves.
Why don’t people follow this great advice?
There could be only a few logical reasons to not follow this advice. They…
- Don’t know who to ask
- Feel that its too expensive
- Don’t understand the real value of getting feedback of a stronger, more experienced player
However, once a player understands the value of this process they wouldn’t use these excuses anymore. Let me make clear the advantages of this process:
The advantages of having your games analyzed by a strong player
- You improve your understanding of the game by seeing how a stronger player reasons.
- They can tell you which kind of exercises you should be doing to develop the most critical skills.
- Strong players can use their experience to not only point out your mistakes, but also help you understand what went wrong in your thinking process.
- All the feedback is 100% relevant to you since it is based solely on your personal games.
- Since you are looking at your own game, you can recall why you made that move and compare it with the comments from the strong player. This helps you shape your thinking process in a most effective manner.
- Reviewing the feedback makes it possible for you to focus your training on the things that is most relevant to your specific situation.
Analysis is not the only thing but it is the foundation from which you can be advised on which skills to focus on.
Not all analysis are useful
Analyzing your game with a computer engine is useful for pointing out glaring mistakes but a computer can’t explain their reasoning behind the suggested moves.
The role of a computer engine as an analysis partner is useful but limited, particularly to developing players who need more guidance in understanding the motives behind the suggested moves.
My System For Analyzing Your Games
I’ve drawn from my 25 years experience as a top-level club player and 15 years experience as a full-time chess coach to develop training systems. My system focuses on improving your skills and understanding of the game and guarantees optimal results.
I will not send you a bunch of computer evaluations that hardly make sense. Instead, each comment will be helpful, clear and instructive. You will get tremendous value from going over your own game whilst studying the comments I made.
In addition to the comments I will also:
- Point out any mistakes you made and suggest a better move (with explanation).
- Help you understand chess better by not only pointing out your tactical inaccuracies, but also moves where you are not following the optimal plan for the position.
- Suggest the specific forms of training you should focus on to get the most value from your training time.
- Point you to helpful resources where you can get more information on the specific points in discussion.
- Base my feedback on a proven system that will help you get more predictable results.
How you can take advantage of my game analysis service to improve your chess
The process is very simple. You send me the notation of your game in the standard pgn format (contact me if you need help with this). I will then scrutinize your game and send you top quality feedback in pgn and/or text format.
You will receive your analyzed game within 72 hours of submitting it (in most cases even sooner).
At only $20 per game the training value you receive is unbeatable
Why not try it our right now? Place your order by clicking the below. After payment you can simply send me the game(s) that you want me to look at.